Guidance on Tendering for Meeting and Event Support Services
CMPA members recognise that it is very important to understand the client’s or host organisation’s philosophy. A good relationship between the client and the appointed organiser is vital for the event to be successful and reach its potential. The organiser effectively becomes part of the company’s or organisation’s own team. A number of steps should be followed by the client or host organisation to ensure best return on time for yourself and for the appointed organiser.
Professional Meeting & Event Organiser Services
Professional Congress Organisers (PCO) or Professional Event Organisers (PEO) specialise in the organisation and administration of congresses, conferences, symposia, seminars, events, incentives. PCOs and PEOs work as consultants for academic and professional associations, institutions, companies. They usually provide full service management for meetings and events. CMPA members can assist with all aspects of meeting and event planning, promotion and management such as:
- Venue selection – includes venue booking and liaison, reservations and management of delegate accommodation.
- Event marketing – including the design of conference programmes and promotional materials, PR and media co-ordination, presentations to committees and boards.
- Programme planning – including day-to-day agenda.
- Event administration – providing an administrative secretariat, handling delegate registrations, recruitment and briefing of conference staff, co-ordinating delegates’ travel arrangements, etc.
- Exhibition organisation – including sales and marketing functions.
- Advice and co-ordination of audio-visual provision – including the provision of multilingual interpretation and translation services.
- Site visits and social programmes – including delegate and partner tours.
- Security – arranging cover and advising on health and safety, risk management and insurance issues.
- Recording and transcription and producing the proceedings – of meetings for publication, arranging poster sessions, processing of abstracts.
- Financial assistance – preparing budgets, managing events income and expenditure, generating revenue through sponsorship, exhibitions and satellite meetings and handling VAT issues.
- Contracts – preparing contracts with venues and other suppliers